The meeting was called to order by Daniel Durant at 4:06 p.m.
Approval of Minutes
- Motion to accept the minutes from September’s meeting, seconded. Motion carried.
- Request received from Ms. Wilson for Family Literacy night (K-5th grade), need to discuss and approve at a later date. Mr. Carlson’s request already approved for $225 for pedometers for Aetna Wellness program.
- Letter went out to Ms. Brady re: room parent program. Chairperson Suneeta has sent emails out to room parents updating them on the progress of the program. A meeting date will be arranged to discuss expectations/roles of the room parent. A letter has been sent home with every student for parents/guardians to opt out of having personal contact information given out.
- Lyman pie order collection ended yesterday, 10/14. Upcoming pie delivery date scheduled for 11/15/13.
- Emails have been sent, by Daniel, to PTO members who have offered to volunteer for various roles this year.
- It has been discussed that a possible time change for PTO/principal meetings might increase attendance. Question of AM/PM rotation has been discussed. Ms. Brady expresses support in encouraging involvement of staff at meetings as well.
- It has been brought to our attention that the lack of childcare at meetings may be hindering more parent involvement. It may be possible to recruit University High School students to volunteer (would count towards needed community service hours), still need to follow-up for logistics. Ms. Brady to obtain clarification regarding liability from corporate, whether childcare could be under PTO name or if school could take under their liability.
- Please fill out school rewards form or log on to PTO website for direct links to sign up.
- Beginning balance as of 9/17/13, $3432.55. Ending balance as of 10/15/13, $3583.69.
- Deadline for request of funds from teachers for this school year is 11/15/13.
- Motion to accept the treasurer’s report, seconded. Motion carried.
- Ms. Wright’s class is in the lead for 399 box tops collected so far this year. Please log on to the website to join contest for earning extra box tops. Another collection will be in December.
- Labels for education needed.
- Smencils selling throughout the school year. Lyman pie sales turned in. Used uniforms and logo items for sale as well.
- Already noted above. Nothing else new to report.
- Next Meeting November 19, 2013 at 4:00 pm in the school lecture hall.
Motion to adjourn was made at 4:37 pm and was seconded.